Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 24, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Engineering Technology equips you with the knowledge to become a engineering technologist.
The degree offers specialisations in:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering.
It provides you with both the theoretical and practical aspects of engineering and provides a structured engineering work experience placement, meaning you will graduate with industry relevant experience.
Students performing well in this degree are able to apply to Flinders University directly to transfer to any of the 4 year Bachelor of Engineering awards and depending on the topics they have chosen can do so with no or minimal loss of time.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Engineering Technology at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Engineering Technology at Flinders:
- includes engineering work experience and engineering project management
- enables you to choose a focus in Biomedical, Electrical and Electronic, Mechanical or Software Engineering.
This program is provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of engineering technologist. Full accreditation is normally granted when the first cohort of students graduate from the program.
Engineering technologist courses accredited by Engineers Australia are recognised internationally under the Sydney Accord. Once fully accredited graduates will meet the academic requirements for attaining chartered engineering technologist status.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English and creative writing. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisities: SACE Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Mathematical Studies or equivalent. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 Physics or equivalent is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
- Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Robotics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Science
- Master of Engineering