Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier 2
The Bachelor of Paramedic Science is for people seeking a career as a paramedic officer.
The program has been developed in conjunction with the South Australian Ambulance Service and contains mainly compulsory core topics and has been developed to ensure the community receives optimum care in health emergencies from paramedics able to manage all situations in a manner consistent with best practice.
The introduction of a broad-based program at university level is part of a move to ensure that all paramedic officers have the skills, knowledge and attitudes to enable them to provide emergency pre-hospital care of a sophisticated nature and ensure seamless care from site to hospital.
The 3 year program is open to all applicants, including school leavers. A shorter conversion course is available for those with existing approved paramedic qualifications who wish to upgrade to a university qualification.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why undertake Paramedic training at Flinders?
- Paramedical Science is a rapidly evolving profession which combines aspects of pre-hospital emergency care and primary health care. Professionals working in the field will be expanding their scope into various extended care practitioner roles, such as paramedic practitioners and the remote area practitioner.
- As a newly evolving profession, the individuals should also be committed to research, lifelong learning and the implementation of best practices to enable the professiona to be able to respond to the rapid development.
- We aim to equip students with the skill, knowledge and attitude to enable them to be future leaders in the industry.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English and creative writing. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applicants are required to:
- undertake a medical and a physical examination. These same tests are required prior to students participating in compulsory clinical placements
- undergo a police check before their clinical placements.
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||No|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||No|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
This course can be a feeder into the Doctor of Medicine.
Health (PDF 4MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|