Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Information Technology is a comprehensive program that emphasises the practical skills needed for successful, long-term careers in the IT industry.
Its comprehensive nature and emphasis on practical skills to meet the information needs of any modern enterprise sets it apart from other courses.
This course is both highly technical and people-orientated. As well as its scientific and technical focus on areas related to software, network, web, database and internet services, areas such as management, communications and human behaviour are also covered.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Information Technology?
Information technology (IT) covers everything from designing software to managing information systems or providing training.
It is integral to modern life because it drives innovation and assists us to solve problems in areas such as medical research, climate change, the environment and business. It has a significant impact upon the creative industries and in the development of new products and services.
Why study Information Technology at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Information Technology at Flinders:
- prepares you for a long-term career, not just your first job
- is popular because it is comprehensive and emphasises practical skills
- produces graduates who are in demand in a growth industry
- is both technical and people-orientated
- is accredited at the professional level with theAustralian Computer Society.
This program is accredited by the Australian Computer Society at the professional level.
Courses accredited at this level by the Australian Computer Society are recognised internationally under the Seoul Accord.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224472
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224502
- Bachelor of Commerce (Sustainability) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224522
- Bachelor of Engineering Science | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 214202
- Bachelor of Science | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 214202
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of one extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
Note: Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Network and Cybersecurity Systems)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Network and Cybersecurity Systems) (Honours)
Further study options
|Computing & IT (PDF 1MB)|
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|