Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media) (Honours) prepares students for the growing and dynamic area formed by the convergence of computer science and digital media including animation, computer games, computer graphics and information visualisation.
The primary focus of the degree is to provide a strong foundation in both the theoretical and the practical aspects of computer science and digital media production, including the use of advanced tools in the area.
Students will be prepared for future roles as a professional developer or computer scientist with the ability to use professional skills and knowledge in the development of complex computer-based systems, specifically in the digital media arena.
In the Honours year students will undertake an Honours Thesis and selected topics.
A 3 year Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media) is also available.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Information Technology (Digital Media) at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media) (Honours) at Flinders:
- provides students with the opportunity to combine an intensive study of the Digital Media with Computer Science
- has been developed with substantial input from the digital media and computer game development industries
- builds on Flinders' strengths in Digital Media and its longstanding strengths in Screen Studies (especially Film) and Computing
- is a combined effort between our Screen Studies Department, Drama Centre (a partner in South Australia's Helpmann Academy) and School of Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics, providing students with the opportunity to interact and work with those pursuing a diverse range of careers from performers and directors through to game designers and IT professionals
- provides practical experience in digital media design and production throughout the degree. In the final year students undertake a Digital Media Technical project where they further build on the skills and practical experiences developed during the course.
This program has been accredited at the Professional level by the Australian Computer Society.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English and creative writing. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisities: None. Knowledge of either SACE Stage 2 (Year 12) Mathematical Studies or Methods is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Media (Creative Arts)
Computing & IT (PDF 2MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|