Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.0, A Levels: 6, IB Diploma: 24, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of International Tourism is an industry focused degree which trains graduates for employment in a very diverse industry.
The course covers issues in tourism development and planning that allow for the retention of the authentic character of a place and investigates the approaches required to best respond to the opportunities and challenges presented in global tourism.
Policy, strategic development and global best practice are also covered.
In addition to the common core of tourism and business subjects, you will choose from 1 of the following 3 streams:
- Cultural Tourism
- Festival and Event Design and Management
- Nature Based Tourism.
Field work and site visits are an integral part of the course and Industry Practicum - in Australia or overseas - is a compulsory component of the degree.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is International Tourism?
International Tourism examines the tourism industry from a global perspective, with a triple bottom line approach of economic, environmental and cultural impact, which is underpinned by the principles of sustainability.
Why study International Tourism at Flinders?
The Bachelor of International Tourism at Flinders:
- has a wide perspective with excellent global employment opportunities
- is taught by people who work in the industry, and shaped by industry feedback and requirements
- offers small class sizes, flexibility and a variety of topics that provide a broad range of skills and a knowledge base
- has the strong support of industry, with employers contacting us seeking graduates to fill vacant positions.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Arts l 4 years l SATAC code: 214842
- Bachelor of Business l 4 years l SATAC code: 214842
- Bachelor of Business (Business Economics) l 4 years l SATAC code: 214842
- Bachelor of Business (Entreprenuership) l 4 years l SATAC code: 214842
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) l 4 years l SATAC code: 214842
- Bachelor of Business (International Business) l 4 years l SATAC code: 214842
- Bachelor of Business (Management) l 4 years l SATAC code: 214842
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) l 4 years l SATAC code: 214842
- Bachelor of Languages l 4 years l SATAC code: 214842
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of one extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
Note: Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
Further study options
- A Bachelor of International Tourism (Honours) is available
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Tourism (Festival and Event Design and Management)
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Tourism (Non-specialised stream)
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters of Cultural Heritage Management
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters of Screen and Media Production
|International Studies, Tourism & Languages (PDF 702KB)|
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|