Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Languages enables you to study your chosen target language at a higher competency level than is currently available in any other course in South Australia while also studying a second target language.
The following target languages can be studied as part of the Bachelor of Languages program:
- Modern Greek
Through our cross-institutional agreement with the University of Adelaide, we also enable you to take minor studies in:
The course is also unique in that it offers a range of cultural and linguistics topics that greatly enhance the language learning experience.
It provides graduates with the knowledge and skills they need to not only become fluent in another language, but to also apply their abilities to real life situations.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Language Studies?
Being able to communicate proficiently in another language is a valuable skill. Today more and more employers are looking for people who combine that skill with greater awareness of cultural diversity and linguistic practice. Language studies enables effective communication across geographical and cultural borders by providing you not only with the working knowledge of one or more target languages, but also by giving you a better understanding of cross-cultural issues. These skills are invaluable in an international workplace environment.
Why study Languages at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Languages at Flinders:
- is the only degree of its kind offered in South Australia
- gives you the opportunity to hone your languages skills by studying abroad
- gives you a choice of languages to choose from including French, Indonesian, Italian, Modern Greek and Spanish
- will give you language skills which can open up language-specific careers such as translating, interpreting and teaching.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of International Tourism l 4 years l SATAC code: 214082
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice l 5.5 - 6 years l SATAC code: 214442
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours) l 5.5 - 6 years l SATAC code: 224301
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||No|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Diploma in Language
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of International Studies
- Bachelor of International Tourism
Further study options
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma in Language
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma in Language Teaching
- Master of Language Studies
|International Relations, Tourism & Languages (PDF 2MB)|
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|