Course type: Graduate entry
Course length: 1 year
The Bachelor of Midwifery (Registered Midwife entry) is for candidates who are eligible for registration as a registered midwife within the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and hold a current practising certificate and who would like to upgrade their qualifications to a midwifery degree.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Midwifery?
Midwifery encompasses the autonomous and collaborative care of women, families and the community.
Midwives are accountable and responsible professionals who provide support, care and advice to women before, during and after childbirth.
Why study Midwifery at Flinders?
- Our School of Nursing & Midwifery was the first to offer a Bachelor of Midwifery program in Australia in 1997 and has been at the forefront of midwifery innovation and development in Australia ever since.
- We have a strong commitment to excellence in midwifery education, research and practice and work to develop strong links with the midwifery profession in metropolitan and rural areas of Australia.
- We offer innovative practice-based education and aim to connect research, practice and teaching so that each informs the other.
- Our academic staff work closely with external clinical and community agency partners to create a curriculum and student practice that are informed by primary health care principles and demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism.
- be registered midwives, and
- hold a current practising certificate.
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes |
|Applications:||SATAC Uniweb |
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|CRICOS code:||Not applicable|
|Mid year entry:||Not applicable|
Note: Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
Further study options
- A Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) is available
- Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Midwifery
- Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
| Nursing (PDF 1MB)|
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|