Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier 2
The Bachelor of Psychological Science enables you to undertake a nationally accredited major sequence in psychology.
This course is designed to provide you with comprehensive knowledge in core areas such as human learning and memory, the brain, child development, ageing, personality, emotions, interpersonal relationship and mental health
It will provide you with:
- grounding in theory and practice in core areas of basic and applied psychology as well as the skills to critically evaluate psychological literature and to apply psychology knowledge to real-world problems
- the opportunity to develop skills in critical thinking, problem-solving, research and the assessment of people's strengths and difficulties
- an understanding of ethical issues on research and practice.
Graduates are eligible to apply for accredited honours programs in psychology and to subsequently pursue higher degree studies or supervision towards registration as a psychologist.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Psychological Science at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Psychological Science at Flinders:
- gives you an understanding of how people think, feel and act
- is a pathway to registration as a practising psychologist.
The course is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council.
For registration as a psychologist in South Australia, students must complete an Honours program in Psychology and either two years of supervised experience or an approved qualification such as the Master of Psychology.
Full membership of the Australian Psychological Society requires an Honours degree in psychology and an accredited postgraduate qualification.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224941
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224941
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English and creative writing. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisities: None. No assumed knowledge.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
Graduates are eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honour) or other nationally accredited psychology honours programs, which can lead further study or training to become a registered psychologist and/or senior research positions.
Psychology (PDF 3MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|