Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.0, A Levels: 6, IB Diploma: 24, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Science enables you to follow your interests in core sciences from a diverse range of disciplines.
You have the flexibility to explore an area that interests you while getting a broad foundation in science by studying a major, or gaining more specific expertise and a named degree by studying a specialisation.
- Animal biology
- Aquatic biology
- Biochemistry and molecular biology
- Cognitive science
- Computer science
- Ecology and evolutionary biology
- Environmental geology
- Environmental hydrology and water resources
- Environmental management
- Ocean and climate sciences
- Plant biology
- Vertebrate palaeontology
Each specialisation has a separate SATAC code. Refer to the following links for further information about the specialisation.
- Animal behaviour
- Biodiversity and conservation
- Chemical sciences
- Clean technology
- Coasts and oceans
- Energy and advanced materials
- Environmental science
- Forensic and analytical science
- Marine biology
- Marine biology and aquaculture
- Molecular bioscience and microbiology
- Science policy and communication
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Science at Flinders?
- This degree provides great flexibility, allowing you to follow your interests without being confined by traditional boundaries.
- Offers career pathways and research opportunities in a broad and exciting range of professional areas.
- Does not require a science background, just an inquiring mind.
- Degrees are aligned with economic and employment trends.
- Develop crucial transferable skills in problem solving, communication, teamwork and computing.
The chemistry major is accredited by the Royal Australian Chemical Institute.
The physics major is accredited by the Australian Institute of Physics.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) - An enhanced program for high achievers
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Science
Further study options
|Science and environment (PDF 6MB)|
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|