Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
Animal Behaviour is a specialisation within a Bachelor of Science. This specialisation is also available within the 4 year Bachelor of Science (Honours).
The Bachelor of Science (Animal Behaviour) will teach you to appreciate the societal and ethical contexts of conservation biology, animal behaviour and animal welfare.
The degree provides you with training in retrieving, analysing and evaluating information relevant to animal behaviour, and communicating this information to a variety of audiences.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Animal Behaviour?
Animal behaviour is the study of whole organism interactions on planet Earth; it is the study of how individuals respond to and affect their social and ecological environment.
It includes a study of social organisation, individual strategy and decision making, and interactions between species like predator-prey and pollination.
Why study Animal Behaviour at Flinders?
- This is the only degree in South Australia that focuses on animal behaviour.
- Access unique topics in animal behaviour specifically developed for this degree.
- Learn from researchers working on local and international projects.
- Examine animal behaviour from many perspectives, including adaptation and evolution, ecology, biodiversity, physiology, growth and development, and gentic ancestry.
- This degree forms the basis for further study in areas such as behavioural ecology, conservation biology, education, medicine (human and veterinary), psychology and law.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology) l 4 years l SATAC code: 214052
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice l 6 years l SATAC code: 214442
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours) l 6 years l SATAC code: 224302
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English and creative writing. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Enhanced Program for High Achievers
Further study options
Science & Mathematics (PDF 4MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|