Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media) prepares you for the growing and dynamic area formed by the convergence of computer science and digital media including animation, computer games, computer graphics and information visualisation.
The primary focus of the degree is to provide a strong foundation in both the theoretical and the practical aspects of computer science and digital media production, including the use of advanced tools in the area.
Students will be prepared for future roles as a professional developer or computer scientist with the ability to use professional skills and knowledge in the development of complex computer-based systems, specifically in the digital media arena.
You will be able to develop computer-based solutions and digital media artefacts for a wide variety of industries.
A 4 year Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media) (Honours) is also available.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Information Technology (Digital Media) at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media) at Flinders:
- develops your computing, application development and creative skills
- deals with cutting-edge technologies in animation, computer games and multimedia
- exposes you to working with actors, directors and filmmakers through the Flinders Screen Studies Department and Drama Centre
- engages you in digital media design and production.
This program has been accredited at the Professional level by the Australian Computer Society.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Design and Technology Innovation | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224682
- Bachelor of Science | 5 - 6.5 years | SATAC code: 224682
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of 1 extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Prerequisites: None. Knowledge of either SACE Stage 2 (Year 12) Mathematical Studies or Methods is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Digital Media) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Media (Creative Arts)
Further study options
- A Bachelor of Science (Honours) is available
|Computing & IT (PDF 1MB)|
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|