This course is not offered in 2018
Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier Two
Clean Technology is a specialisation within a Bachelor of Science (Honours). This specialisation is also available within the 3 year Bachelor of Science.
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Clean Technology) prepares you to play a role in reshaping industries to make them both financially and environmentally sustainable.
Focus on particular areas of interest through 1 of 3 streams:
- Biological Solutions
- Environmental Solutions
- Technology Solutions.
By taking an Honours year, you will further develop your professional skills, particularly those relevant to research and development, as well as your technical expertise and knowledge.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Clean Technology?
Clean technology activities are those that in some way use or produce renewable materials and energy sources, reduce use of natural resources (or improve efficienc), and limit or stop pollution and toxic waste.
Why study Clean Technology at Flinders?
- Examine current, real-world industrial practices, issues and potential improvements and solutions.
- Choose one or three streams: biological, environmental, or technology solutions.
- This degree prepares you to be multi-skilled and to influence both scientific, industrial and non-scientific audiences.
- This degree responds to the Australian Government's national priority for an environmentally sustainable Australia.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the College of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisities: SACE Stage 2 Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Studies or Mathematical Methods.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Enhanced Program for High Achievers
Further study options
|Science and environment (PDF 6MB)|
|International course guides|