Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years full-time or equivalent part-time
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Science (Coasts and Oceans) provides you with an understanding of a variety of coastal, marine and ocean systems and examines the physical processes shaping coastal and marine environments.
You will be introduced to the use of coasts and oceans as resources and a variety of management and policy interventions, with the opportunity to participate in project work and field exercises.
There is also scope for interdisciplinary studies which combine this area with other ares such as biology, and hydrology, to broaden employment opportunities.
A Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Coasts and Oceans) 4 year program is also available.
What will I study?
Why study Coasts and Oceans at Flinders?
- This is the only specialised degree of its kind in South Australia.
- This degree:
- offers a balance between understanding coastal and marine processes and practical management strategies for sustaining coastal marine environments
- examines the physical processes shaping coastal and marine environments
- introduces you to the use of coasts and oceans as resources
- You can combine this area of study with others such as biology and hydrology to broaden your employment possibilities.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the College of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
You can also combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Archaeology | 4 years | SATAC code: 234252
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options