Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years full-time or equivalent part-time
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Chemical Sciences) provides you with a broad-based foundation in chemistry and enables you to acquire extensive knowledge in the area.
You will learn to understand and apply chemical principles to solve problems, master lab techniques and equipment, undertake chemistry research, communicate your findings, and develop an understanding of the multidisciplinary nature of chemistry and its role in society.
A Bachelor of Science (Chemical Sciences) 3 year program is also available.
What will I study?
What is chemistry?
Chemistry is involved in some way with almost everything we do or use and has improved our standard of living beyond all recognition. It has:
- provided the drugs, antibiotics and anaesthetics that have relieved pain and suffering
- the polymers and plastics in our homes, cars and workplaces
- the synthetic fibres of clothes
- the batteries that power our portable technologies.
The list is endless.
Chemists study molecular transformations and how they take place, enabling us to understand our world.
Why study Chemical Sciences at Flinders?
- Understand and apply chemical principles to solve problems.
- Master the various laboratory techniques and instrumentation used in diverse chemical fields.
- Present information about chemistry in a scientific manner, including communicating effectively with a variety of audiences in written and spoken form.
- Retrieve, critically analyse and evaluate information relevant to chemistry and apply this knowledge to solve problems or form hypotheses.
- Appreciate the multidisciplinary aspect of the discipline of chemistry and engage positively with people and ideas beyond the discipline.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Enhanced Program for High Achievers
Further study options
|Science & Mathematics (PDF 4MB)