Course type: Undergraduate/Masters degree
Course length: 5 years full-time (or equivalent part-time)
Location: On campus
Admission information sets: Flinders University | Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Chemical Sciences)/Master of Engineering (Materials)
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The chemical sciences program of this course provides you with a broad-based foundation in chemistry and enables you to acquire extensive knowledge in the area.
The masters component of this course provides a broad extension to a student's undergraduate study focussing on the selection, production and behaviour of practical material used in engineered products.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is chemistry and materials?
Chemistry is involved in some way with almost everything we do or use and has improved our standard of living beyond all recognition. It has:
- provided the drugs, antibiotics and anaesthetics that have relieved pain and suffering
- the polymers and plastics in our homes, cars and workplaces
- the synthetic fibres of clothes
- the batteries that power our portable technologies.
The list is endless.
Chemists study molecular transformations and how they take place, enabling us to understand our world.
Materials represents an important component of many technological products and the engineering of materials connects to a variety of research areas including nanotechnology, biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical sciences, electrical engineering and civil engineering.
Prerequisities: Successful completion of SACE Chemistry plus any of SACE Stage 2 (Year 12) Specialist Mathematics, Mathematical Studies or Mathematical Methods or equivalent International Baccalaureate subjects. Knowledge of SACE Stage 2 (Year 12) Physics is assumed.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
|Science & Mathematics (PDF 4MB)