Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
Forensic and Analytical Science is a specialisation within the Bachelor of Science. This specialisation is also available within the 4 year Bachelor of Science (Honours).
It is available in 2 streams:
- Forensic and Analytical Chemistry: combining the practice of analytical chemistry with the application of forensic investigation
- Forensic Biology: using aspects of life sciences to examine biological material in a forensic context.
Both streams combine studies in chemistry and biology with related sciences such as necessary mathematical and computer skills required to process and analyse data, and a thorough grounding in industrial practice and the relevant areas of our legal system.
There is also a strong focus on developing your oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team - all of which are highly regarded by employers.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Forensic and Analytical Science at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Science (Forensic and Analytical Science) at Flinders:
- opens exciting career opportunities in such areas as drug testing, DNA analysis and crime prevention
- will appeal to students who like problem solving and have a passion for science and laboratory-based work.
Combined degree options
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Design and Technology Innovation | 5.5 - 6 years | SATAC code: 224612
- Bachelor of Engineering Science | 5.5 - 6 years | SATAC code: 224612
- Bachelor of Environment | 5.5 - 6 years | SATAC code: 224612
- Bachelor of Information Technology | 5.5 - 6 years | SATAC code: 224612
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice | 6 years | SATAC code: 214442
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours) | 6 years | SATAC code: 224302
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of one extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Prerequisities: Stage 2 Chemistry or equivalent.
Senior secondary chemistry is required for international students.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
Note: Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Enhanced Program for High Achievers
Further study options
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|