Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier Two
Forensic and Analytical Science is a specialisation within the Bachelor of Science (Honours). This specialisation is also available within the 3 year Bachelor of Science.
The Bachelor of Science (Forensic and Analytical Science) offers 2 streams:
- forensic and analytical chemistry, which combines the practices of analytical chemistry and forensic investigation
- forensic biology, which uses aspects of life sciences to examine biological material in a forensic context.
The degree involves analysing and identifying physical evidence, elements and compounds.
By taking an Honours year, you will further develop your professional skills, particularly those relevant to research and development, as well as your technical expertise and knowledge.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Forensic and Analytical Science at Flinders?
- Choose a specialisation in forensic and analytical chemistry or forensic biology.
- This degree opens career options in areas such as illicit drug testing, DNA analysis, trace evidence examination and toxicology.
- Analyse and identify evidence such as illicit drugs, human body fluids, and trace evidence such as textile fibres and glass.
- Access research facilities among Australia's best.
- Flinders University has strong links with Forensic Science South Australia and other agencies and researchers around the world.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisities: Stage 2 Chemistry or equivalent.
Senior secondary chemistry is required for international students.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Enhanced Program for High Achievers
Further study options
Science & Mathematics (PDF 4MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|