Course type: Honours
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier Two
Forensic and Analytical Science is a specialisation within the Bachelor of Science (Honours). This specialisation is also available within the 3 year Bachelor of Science.
It is available in 2 streams:
- Forensic and Anlaytical Chemistry: combining the practice of analytical chemistry with the application of forensic investigation
- Forensic Biology: using aspects of life sciences to examine biological material in a forensic context.
Both streams combine studies in chemistry and biology with related sciences such as necessary mathematical and computer skills required to process and analyse data, and a thorough grounding in industrial practice and the relevant areas of our legal system.
There is also a strong focus on developing your oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team - all of which are highly regarded by employers.
By taking an Honours year, you will further develop your professional skills, particularly those relevant to research and development, as well as your technical expertise and knowledge.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Forensic and Analytical Science at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Forensic and Analytical Science) at Flinders:
- opens exciting career opportunities in such areas as drug testing, DNA analysis and crime prevention
- will appeal to students who like problem solving and have a passion for science and laboratory-based work.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English and creative writing. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisities: Stage 2 Chemistry or equivalent.
Senior secondary chemistry is required for international students.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Enhanced Program for High Achievers
Further study options
Science & Mathematics (PDF 4MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|