Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 7.8, A Levels: 13, IB Diploma: 34, Gao Kao: Tier 1
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) - an enhanced program for high achievers offers students of exceptional academic ability an enhanced program of studies,
It provides opportunities to embark upon research in every year of the degree.
This additional challenging material provides you with the opportunity to maximise your intellectual growth and potential.
- Animal biology
- Aquatic biology
- Biochemistry and molecular biology
- Cognitive science
- Computer science
- Ecology and evolutionary biology
- Environmental geology
- Environmental hydrology and water resources
- Environmental management
- Ocean and climate sciences
- Plant biology
- Vertebrate palaeontology
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Science (Honours) - an enhanced program for high achievers - at Flinders?
- Offers an enhanced program of science studies that challenges and rewards high achievers.
- Follow you interests without being confined by traditional boundaries.
- Join a cohort of highly intelligent students with similar interests and capabilities.
- Be mentored by research staff and postgraduate students in your first year.
- The program includes inquiry-based learning, enabling you to participate actively in the learning process.
- Web-based course materials and video lectures are offered in some subject areas and help to make the program even more accessible.
The chemistry major is accredited by the Royal Australian Chemical Institute.
The physics major is accredited by the Australian Institute of Physics.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisities: At least three of the following: Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematical Studies, Physics, Specialist Mathematics.
Entry to the Forensic and Analytical Chemistry specialisation requires successful completion of SACE Stage 2 Chemistry or equivalent.
Entry to the Nanotechnology specialisation, Biomedical Nanotechnology stream requires successful completion of SACE stage 2 Chemistry or equivalent.
Entry to the Quantum Nanostructures stream requires successful completion of SACE stage 2 Chemistry, Physics and one of Mathematical Studies, Specialist Mathematics or equivalent.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|