Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
Marine Biology is a specialisation offered within the Bachelor of Science. This specialisation is also available within the 4 year Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Marine Biology).
The Bachelor of Science (Marine Biology) provides you with a broad understanding of the biology of marine organisms, their relationships with the physico-chemical marine enviornment, and their potential responses to changes.
It also provides you with teh ability to acquire extensive knowledge in marine biodiversity, ecology, genetics, conservation, fisheries and related areas, and build transferable skills.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Marine Biology?
Marine biology is the study of the living world in the sea, from the simple molecules that support life to the complex interactions between populations of many species.
Why study Marine Biology at Flinders?
- Join the largest academic group of marine scientists in South Australia.
- Learn from internationally eminent marine biologists and oceanographers undertaking world-class research on current issues in marine science.
- Focus on global environmental issues related to the oceans and marine life.
- This degree combines cutting-edge technical and theoritical knowledge and flexibility, allowing you to tailor your progress, skills and knowledge to suit your interests.
- This degree provides opportunities to participate in marine-based fieldwork, including fieldtrips to different marine bio-regions.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the College of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
You can also combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Archaeology | 4 years | SATAC code: 234302
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisites: None. However knowledge of Stage 1 Mathematics and/or Phsyics is desirable.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
Science & Mathematics (PDF 4MB)