Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
Nanotechnology is a specialisation within a Bachelor of Science. This specialisation is also available within the 4 year Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Nanotechnology).
The Bachelor of Science (Nanotechnology) equips you to be a part of the exciting world of nanotechnology.
Get a background in physics, chemistry and biology, complemented by insights into business, enterprise management, commerce, and legal issues such as intellectual property - all vital components for scientists working in business and industry.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Nanotechnology?
Nanotechnology is science at the molecular level and, like biotechnology and information technology, it is a growth industry with the potential to change the world.
Why study Nanotechnology at Flinders?
- Flinders' research in nanotechnology is ranked well above world standard - 2015 Excellence in Research Australia rankings.
- Choose one of two streams in biomedical nanotechnology or quantum nanostructures.
- Join the first Australian university to offer an undergraduate degree in nanotechnology.
- Learn from highly awarded, leading reseearchers who attract substantial research funding each year, and receive invitations to present nationally and internationally.
- Experience state-of-the-art research facilities and instruments unique to Australia.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the Faculty of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
You can combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice l 6 years l SATAC code: 214442
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours) l 6 years l SATAC code: 224302
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Prerequisites: Biomedical Nanotechnology stream: SACE Stage 2 Chemistry
Quantum Nanostructures stream: SACE Stage 2 Chemistry, Physics and Mathematical Studies or equivalent.
International students are expected to have completed senior secondary chemistry for the Biomedical Nanotechnology stream; and senior secondary chemistry, physics, and mathematical studies for the Quantum Nanostructures stream.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
Science & Mathematics (PDF 4MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|