Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier 2
This is the only course in South Australia that enables you to combine study in areas such as sport and physical activity, sport coaching, marketing, tourism, applied sport science, nutrition and business.
This course will provide you with the theoretical and practical knowledge, skills and industry contacts required to enter a sports-related field of employment.
It will also give you an excellent opportunity to develop contacts and networks with potential employers, such as local and national sporting clubs and associations, sport marketing firms and other organisations in the sport, tourism and health industries.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Sport, Health and Physical Activity?
Sport, health and physical activity involves engagement with aspects of sports from a variety of disciplinary viewpoints, including sociological and biophysical perspectives.
It also involves the study of the relationship of sport, health and physical activity to other broad areas such as tourism, business, marketing and nutrition.
Why study Sport, Health and Physical Activity at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Activity at Flinders will:
- enable you to combine the study of sport and physical activity with other areas including tourism, business, health and nutrition
- prepare you for a career in the sport development, sport coaching, leisure, health, sport and event management industries
- provide you with the opportunity to develop contacts and networks with potential employers.
You can also combine this course with the following:
- Bachelor of Communication and Professional Writing | 4 years | SATAC code: 234072
- Bachelor of Business (Management) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224742
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) | 4 years | SATAC code: 224742
- Bachelor of Psychological Science | 4 years | SATAC code: 224941
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||No|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||No|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.