Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 4 years full-time or equivalent part-time
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.6, A Levels: 9, IB Diploma: 27, Gao Kao: Tier Two
Geography is a specialisation within a Bachelor of Science (Honours). This specialisation is also available within the 3 year Bachelor of Science.
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Geography) provides a broad foundation in geography, helping you develop the interdisciplinary knowledge and skills to solve real-world problems. The degree prepares you to understand complex environmental, economic, social and political concepts, and develop a geographical understanding of humans, environments and the dynamic relationships between them.
By taking an Honours year, you will further develop your professional skills, particularly those relevant to research and development, as well as your technical expertise and knowledge.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study geography at Flinders?
- Learn skills in data analysis and problem solving as applied to complex environmental, economic, social and political contexts.
- Receive training in research techniques including survey design, spatial data analysis, and statistical analysis.
- Develop critical and creative thinking skills as well as competencies in effective communication.
Combined degree options
You can combine this degree with any other bachelor degree within the College of Science and Engineering, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Enhanced Program for High Achievers
Further study options
- Master of Environmental Management
- Master of Geographical Information Systems
- Master of Groundwater Hydrology
- Master of Water Resources Management
- Graduate Diploma of Environmental Health Practice
|Science and environment (PDF 6MB)