Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 4 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier 2
The Bachelor of Social Work at Flinders is designed to equip you to work in a wide range of areas related to the provision of health and social welfare in modern society.
The course combines traditional social work skills with the broader issues of social policy and planning, providing expertise not just in the delivery of social services but also in planning, development and monitoring of programs appropriate to current social conditions.
Graduates who choose to work as social workers will understand the policy and planning areas will know the impact of their decisions on people working in the field.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Social Work at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Social Work at Flinders:
- equips you to work as a social worker in a wide range of services including local, state and federal government, community based organisations and private service provides
- includes significant work placements with opportunities for placements overseas
- introduces you to ideas from a range of disciplines, including human rights and social development
- produces independent thinkers who can apply their knowledge and skills to a range of work related settings and be active in their role as global citizens.
Graduates are eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
Study a language
Flinders also offers all students the opportunity to major in a language in conjunction with any undergraduate course. The Diploma in Language is designed to provide students with competence in a chosen language that adds greater portability to their qualifications. You will complete a total of one extra year of study and graduate with both your chosen degree and the Diploma in Language. You can apply for this at time of enrolment.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Further study options
|Social Work (PDF 3MB)|
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|