Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus l External | Online (some topics)
The Bachelor of Theology aims to deepen the understanding and expression of Christian faith.
This course is inter-disciplinary, combining biblical studies, church history, systematic theology and Christian ethics with an optional stream comprising professional ministry studies such as pastoral care, Christian education and preaching. And it is ecumenical, dealing with the Christian tradition in all its diversity.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Theology at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Theology at Flinders:
- brings the insights of the Christian Scriptures and traditions to bear on contemporary concerns such as the environment, the economy, multiculturalism, health and welfare
- offers an intellectually rigorous study of the Christian faith from the perspective of Christian traditions and thought
- provides a thorough grounding in the breadth of theological scholarship that recognises the diversity of the Christian tradition
- develops an understanding of theology in dialogue with other fields of study, including philosophy, social justice, ecology, ethics and women's studies.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English and creative writing. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
214365 (External study)
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|CRICOS code:||Not applicable|
|Mid year entry:||Not applicable|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
Arts & Humanities (PDF 3MB)