Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 1 year overall in conjunction with another degree. Must be studied part-time over 3 years.
Location: On campus
Flinders offers you the opportunity to complete a Diploma in Language at the same time you are taking pretty well any other degree at Flinders - from Science or Psychology to Law or Business.
By adding 1 extra year to your normal study program for the degree, you will graduate with 2 qualifications.
You'll work in small groups with like-minded people, enjoy more independence, and get teaching that is geared to your needs.
A language will help you get a job - and do a better job when you do.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Why study Languages at Flinders?
- We have a series of international exchange links for Indonesian, Spanish, Italian and Modern Greek language students. Through these exchanges you will not only have the opportunity to study overseas as part of your degree but you can access scholarships from the University to support your study and living costs.
- We won scholarship funding through the Australian Government and European Agencies for students to study in Europe. The University is involved in 3 separate projects in Global Citizenship, Criminology and Environmental Sustainability. Within the Global Citizenship project students can improve their Modern Greek and Italian language skills by studying at either Universitá Roma Tre or the University of Cyprus.
- Language skills open up language-specific careers, such as translating, interpreting and teaching. There are even more careers that benefit from language training (eg diplomacy, journalism, trade, tourism and hospitality, etc).
The Diploma in Language is only available in combination with another undergraduate course
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||No|
at time of enrolment*
Place type: Commonwealth-supported
|CRICOS code:||Not available to international students|
|Mid year entry:||Not available to international students|
|Applications:||Not available to international students|
Not available to international students
* To apply for entry, please complete the Request Support form on the Frequently Asked Questions web page .
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
- Graduate Diploma in Language
- Master of Language Studies
- Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma in Language Teaching
|International Studies, Tourism & Languages (PDF 702KB)|
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|