Modern Greek is offered as part of:
- Bachelor of Languages
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachleor of Applied Geographical Information Systems
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of International Studies
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Primary R - 7), Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Middle and Secondary Schooling), Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education (Middle and Secondary Schooling), Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Schooling)/Bachelor of Languages
It can be taken alongside any other degree in a separate Diploma of Language.
Why study Modern Greek?
The study of Modern Greek language and culture provides the key to understanding the importance of the Hellenic tradition in western intellectual development and its contribution to multicultural Australia.
Hellenism is the western world's cultural heritage: it shares the literary, philosophical, aesthetic and scientific masterpieces of a remarkable civilisation with an intellectual continuity of 3000 years. This heritage is fundamental to the development of multi-dimensional perspectives in culture - collectively and individually - around the world.
Modern Greek also can be included in a number of degree programs. Students also are offered the opportunity to study in selected Greek universities on the basis of exchange programs in place.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
Department of Languages. Tel (08) 8201 2124.