Course type: Undergraduate degree
Course length: 3 years
Location: On campus
FISC Foundation: 6.2, A Levels: 7, IB Diploma: 25, Gao Kao: Tier Two
The Bachelor of Media Arts is designed to give you the practical skills and knowledge to work in the creative industries and media. The course enables you to combine practical production topics in digital media and screen production with study of other areas such as creative writing, drama, business, international studies or public policy.
You will acquire both the practical media skills required in an ever increasing number of employment areas and an understanding of how these media skills can be applied in your related area of study.
What will I study?
Refer to the course rule.
What is Media Arts?
Media arts is all about making the message you are conveying stand out, whether through a website, animation or video.
In the information-saturated world we live in, these skills are increasingly relevant to a wide range of industries from arts and advertising through to business and government.
Why study Media Arts at Flinders?
The Bachelor of Media Arts at Flinders will:
- provide you with the skills to begin your career in the creative industries
- complement Flinders University's recognised strength in the creative arts
- provide you with the opportunity to combine practical experience with theory.
Combine with the Bachelor of Letters
The Bachelor of Letters is available to all students studying a degree at Flinders and is available in languages, English, creative writing, innovation and enterprise, and sports performance coaching. It enables you to follow your interests and aspirations and enhance your career prospects by undertaking a second area of study in addition to your primary degree. You will graduate with two qualifications, expanding your employment opportunities.
Domestic students: You can qualify for undergraduate courses through: year 12 qualifications, adult entry (STAT/Bridging Program), TAFE/VET qualification, higher education transfers. Flinders also offers a range of special access schemes. Refer to undergraduate study applications.
International students: Entry and English requirements
Applications and annual fees
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
Place type: Commonwealth supported
|Mid year entry:||Yes|
|Applications:||How to apply|
- Domestic student fees are indicative only. Further information: How are these fees calculated?
- We accept international applications for programs commencing beyond the year advertised and tuition fees for these years will be higher. Please note that your tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase.
Refer to credit transfer for further information.
Further study options
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours)
- Postgraduate Creative Arts (Creative Writing)
- Postgraduate Creative Arts (Drama)
- Postgraduate Creative Arts (Screen Production)
- Creative Arts (Visual Effects) (VFX)
|Creative arts and media (PDF 7MB)
|eBrochure: Undergraduate international prospectus|