4 steps to protect your FAN
Please ensure you keep your FAN and password secure. Here are some tips for keeping your account safe:
1. Set a strong password
|Your password must include at least:||Don't include:||Additional tips for password security:|
If you are having trouble formulating an appropriate password, try out the Norton Identity Safe Password Generator .
2. Use multi-factor authentication
In addition to username and password, you can add a second authentication factor such as one-time PIN generated at the time of your login.
How to activate Multi-Factor Authentication
First, email firstname.lastname@example.org for MFA to be enabled for your FAN account.
Then follow the steps in the Multi Factor Authentication Setup guide.
3. Use the security image
Setting up your own security image confirms that you are using the legitimate sign-in page for the University.
To change your security image:
- Go to Flinders dashboard (Okta)
- Click on your name in the upper right corner and select Settings
- Click Edit Profile and enter your password
- Go to the Security image category and click Edit
- Select an image and click Save
4. Change or reset your password
If you believe your account has been accessed by someone else, change your password immediately.
To change or reset your FAN password, go to Reset Password and follow the steps below:
Reset via SMS
- Select Reset via SMS
- Enter the verification code from the SMS you receive
- Click Verify
Reset via email
- Select Reset via Email
- Click on the reset link in the email