Setting up a new profile will download your email, calendar and contacts from the server to your mobile device. Depending on how much email you specify in your settings, this may take quite a while and transfer a lot of data which can impact on your phone account costs.
Default account settings
- Email Address: your email address (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Enter your FAN password
- Server: m.outlook.com
- Domain: leave blank
- Username: your email address. (eg. email@example.com)
- Description: a name to identify it's your Uni email
Setup student email on Android
- From the Settings menu, select Accounts & Sync. Select Add account.
- Select Exchange ActiveSync. This option may be named Exchange account or Corporate on some versions of Android.
- Type your email address, your password then select Next. Your phone will now configure your device. If it can't find your details you many need to add the default account settings (refer above) and then select Next.
- Click OK to allow Remote security administration.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronise between your account and your device, and then select Next
- Type the name you want to identify the account by. Select Done to complete the email setup.
Setup student email on iPhone/iPad
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Type your email address, your FAN password and an account description and then select Next.
- Your iPhone/iPad will now configure your device. If it can't find your details you many need to add the default account setting (refer above) then select Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronise between your account and your device, and then select Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, Calendar and Reminder information are synchronised.
Setup student email on Windows phone
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select Email + accounts.
- Select Add an account > Outlook.
- Enter your e-mail address and FAN password then select Sign in. The phone will try to set up your e-mail account automatically. If it can't find your details select Advanced and add the default account setting (refer above) and then select Sign in.
- Select OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password.
- Choose whether you want to synchronize your Email, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks by selecting the appropriate options and then select Next.
Some users have experienced problems with making an Exchange connection. You can use an IMAP connection instead (although you won’t have the calendar). You can access these setup guides at http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd936216.aspx.