2018 Graduation Ceremonies
The next round of Graduation ceremonies will be held in April 2018 at the Alan Mitchell Sports Centre, Flinders University, Bedford Park.
Please read the following information carefully.
Applications to attend an April 2018 ceremony are now open. Please click on the Apply Now button below to access the Application Form.
If you have any questions regarding your graduation, please contact Graduation Services for further assistance.
To be eligible to graduate in April 2018, you must be deemed 'complete' by your College office by no later than close of business on Monday 26 March 2018.
If you have any queries regarding your completion, please contact your College Office for further information.
Steps for graduands wishing to attend the April 2018 ceremonies:
Step 1 - Complete an Application to Attend a Ceremony
Applications to attend a ceremony in April are now open, and will close at 5pm on Wednesday 14 March 2018.
You may access the application form via the Apply Now button below or via the My Graduation tab in your Student Information System.
Step 2 - Payment
Academic dress can be hired from the University.
Payment for April Graduation hire is due by close of business Thursday 29 March 2018.
- Full hire (all three items) $60.00 incl. GST
- Gown $35.00 incl. GST
- Hood $15.00 incl. GST
- Mortarboard/Bonnet $10.00 incl. GST
Each item can be hired separately if you wish to supply any of your own items, however please be aware that your Hood is determined by your degree and must be correct. For more information please see Academic Dress.
Credit card payments may be made online via Online Payments. Cheques and money orders are to be made payable to Flinders University and sent to the Graduation Office, GPO Box 2100 Adelaide SA 5001.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned. If you are unable to collect or return it yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Students must also pay all outstanding debts to the University; including debts to the library, as well as other fees. Your parchment and academic transcript will not be released to you until all outstanding debts have been finalised.
Step 3 - Log into your Student Information System
- Check your Graduation Status in the Student Information System. This will become active within 10 days after you apply to graduate. If your status shows as "Expected to Graduate", your eligibility to graduate is yet to be confirmed. A status of "Pass" indicates your degree is completed and you are approved for graduation. If your status indicates that you are “Expected to Graduate” but you believe it should read “Pass”, please contact your College Office for advice.
- Check your email address that is listed, is one that you access regularly. This is the email address that will be used for all correspondence and confirmation.
- Check your formal name is listed correctly. This is the name that will be printed on your parchment. If your name is incorrect, please contact Flinders Connect as soon as possible to arrange a formal name change. Fees are applicable if your parchment needs to be reprinted.
Step 4 - Check your confirmation email
Eligible graduands will receive a confirmation email no later than 7 days prior to the ceremony. Please ensure you read this carefully as it will contain important on the day information.
Step 5 - Academic Dress and Tickets
If you are hiring academic dress from the University, you can collect and return it on campus. Guest tickets are collected with Academic Dress.
The location for collection of Academic Dress will be confirmed in February 2018.
If you are unable to collect or return academic dress yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Please visit the Graduation FAQs page for a range of information and answers to your graduation queries.