December 2016 Graduation Ceremonies
The next round of graduation ceremonies will be held on Wednesday 14 December 2016, with ceremonies being at 10:00am and 3:00pm at Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide.
Please read the following information carefully.
Applications are now open.
To be eligible to graduate in December 2016, you must be one of the following:
- Domestic students who have completed and passed their studies prior to and including Semester 1, 2016
- International students including those who have completed and passed their studies in Semester 2, 2016
- Doctor of Medicine
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Occupational Therapy
If you have any queries regarding your completion, please contact your Faculty Office for further information.
Steps for graduands attending the December ceremonies:
Step 1 - Online Application
Applications are now open and will close on 23 November 2016.
Step 2 - Payment
Academic dress can be hired from the University.
- Full hire (all three items) $60.00 incl. GST
- Gown $35.00 incl. GST
- Hood $15.00 incl. GST
- Mortar board/Bonnet $10.00 incl. GST
Each item can be hired separately if you wish to supply any of your own items, however please be aware that your Hood is determined by your degree and must be correct. For more information please see Academic Dress.
Payments can be made by credit card, cheque, money order or cash (in person at Flinders Connect). Credit card payments may be made online via Online Payments. Cheques and money orders are to be made payable to Flinders University and sent to the Graduation Office, GPO Box 2100 Adelaide SA 5001. This must be paid for by Monday 5 December 2016.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned. If you are unable to collect or return it yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Students must also pay all outstanding debts to the University; including debts to the library, as well as other fees. Your parchment and academic transcript will not be released to you until all outstanding debts have been finalised.
Step 3 - Log into your Student Information System
- Check your Graduation Status in the Student Information System. This will become active within 10 days after you apply to graduate. If your status shows as "Expected to Graduate", your eligibility to graduate is yet to be confirmed. A status of "Pass" indicates your degree is completed and you are approved for graduation. If your status indicates that you are “Expected to Graduate” but you believe it should read “Pass”, please contact your Faculty Office for advice.
- Check your email address that is listed, is one that you access regularly. This is the email address that will be used for all correspondence and confirmation.
- Check your formal name is listed correctly. This is the name that will be printed on your parchment.
Step 4 - Check your confirmation email
Eligible graduands will receive a confirmation email in early December. Please ensure you read this carefully as it will contain important on the day information.
Step 5 - Academic Dress and Tickets
If you are hiring academic dress from the University, you can collect and return it on campus. Guest tickets are collected with Academic Dress.
Further details will be provided regarding the collection location, dates and times, closer to the event. Please refer back to this page closer to your Graduation Ceremony date.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned.
If you are unable to collect or return academic dress yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Please visit the Graduation FAQs page for a range of information and answers to your graduation queries.
Download your Checklist for Attending Graduation .
Download Graduation Additional Information .