September 2016 Graduation Ceremonies
The next round of graduation ceremonies will be held from 20 - 21 September 2016, with ceremonies being at 11:00am and 3:00pm daily at Alan Mitchell Sports Centre, Bedford Park Campus, Flinders University.
Applications for attending the September Graduation Ceremonies will open in early-August.
Next Steps for graduands attending the September ceremonies:
To be eligible to graduate in September 2016, you must be deemed "complete" by your Faculty Office by no later than the end of August 2016. If you have any queries regarding your completion, please contact your Faculty Office for further information.
There are several steps you need to follow if you are attending a September 2016 graduation:
Step 1 - Online Application
Submit an online application by Friday 26 August. Applications will open in early August.
Step 2 - Payment
Academic dress can be hired from the University.
- Full hire (all three items) $60.00 incl. GST
- Gown $35.00 incl. GST
- Hood $15.00 incl. GST
- Mortar board/Bonnet $10.00 incl. GST
Each item can be hired separately if you wish to supply any of your own items, however please be aware that your Hood is determined by your degree and must be correct. For more information please see Academic Dress.
Payments can be made by credit card, cheque, money order or cash (in person at Flinders Connect). Credit card payments may be made online via Online Payments. Cheques and money orders are to be made payable to Flinders University and sent to the Graduation Office, GPO Box 2100 Adelaide SA 5001. This must be paid for by Monday 12 September 2016.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned. If you are unable to collect or return it yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Students must also pay all outstanding debts to the University; including debts to the library, as well as other fees. Your parchment and academic transcript will not be released to you until all outstanding debts have been finalised.
Step 3 - Log into your Student Information System
- Check your Graduation Status in the Student Information System. This will become active within 10 days after you apply to graduate. If your status shows as "Expected to Graduate", your eligibility to graduate is yet to be confirmed. A status of "Pass" indicates your degree is completed and you are approved for graduation. If your status indicates that you are “Expected to Graduate” but you believe it should read “Pass”, please contact your Faculty Office for advice.
- Check your email address that is listed, is one that you access regularly. This is the email address that will be used for all correspondance and confirmation.
- Check your formal name is listed correctly. This is the name that will be printed on your parchment.
Step 4 - Check your confirmation email
Eligible graduands will receive a confirmation email in early September. Please ensure you read this carefully as it will contain important on the day information.
Step 5 - Academic Dress and Tickets
If you are hiring academic dress from the University, you can collect and return it from on campus. Collection and Return dates, times and locations will be advised closer to the event.
Guest tickets are collected with academic dress.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned.
If you are unable to collect or return academic dress yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Please visit the Graduation FAQs page for a range of information and answers to your graduation queries.