2017 Graduation Ceremonies
The next round of graduation ceremonies will be held on Tuesday 19 December 2017, at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
Please read the following information carefully.
Applications to attend a December ceremony have now closed.
If you have any questions regarding your graduation, please contact the Graduation Office for further assistance.
To be eligible to graduate in December 2017, you must be deemed "complete" by your College Office by no later than the end of November 2017. When you have been completed and passed, you will be able to view your award details in the Student Information System under the My Graduation tab.
In addition to being completed by the dealines listed above, you must also be one of the following:
- Domestic student who has completed and passed their studies prior to and including Semester 1, 2017
- International students inlcuding those who have completed and passed their studies in Semester 2, 2017
- Doctor of Medicine
- Research Higher Degrees
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Occupational Therapy
If you have any queries regarding your completion, please contact your College Office for further information.
Steps for graduands wishing to attend the December 2017 ceremonies:
Step 1 - Complete an Application to Attend a Ceremony
Applications to attend a December ceremony closed on Monday 27 November 2017.
Any application requests made after this date will be added to a waitlist and availability in the allocated ceremony will be assessed. The Graduation Office will contact all waitlisted applicants to advise if they have been successfully allocated to a ceremony.
Step 2 - Payment
Academic dress can be hired from the University.
Payment for December Graduation hire is due by close of business Friday 8 December 2017.
- Full hire (all three items) $60.00 incl. GST
- Gown $35.00 incl. GST
- Hood $15.00 incl. GST
- Mortarboard/Bonnet $10.00 incl. GST
Each item can be hired separately if you wish to supply any of your own items, however please be aware that your Hood is determined by your degree and must be correct. For more information please see Academic Dress.
Credit card payments may be made online via Online Payments. Cheques and money orders are to be made payable to Flinders University and sent to the Graduation Office, GPO Box 2100 Adelaide SA 5001.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned. If you are unable to collect or return it yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Students must also pay all outstanding debts to the University; including debts to the library, as well as other fees. Your parchment and academic transcript will not be released to you until all outstanding debts have been finalised.
Step 3 - Log into your Student Information System
- Check your Graduation Status in the Student Information System. This will become active within 10 days after you apply to graduate. If your status shows as "Expected to Graduate", your eligibility to graduate is yet to be confirmed. A status of "Pass" indicates your degree is completed and you are approved for graduation. If your status indicates that you are “Expected to Graduate” but you believe it should read “Pass”, please contact your College Office for advice.
- Check your email address that is listed, is one that you access regularly. This is the email address that will be used for all correspondence and confirmation.
- Check your formal name is listed correctly. This is the name that will be printed on your parchment. If your name is incorrect, please contact Flinders Connect as soon as possible to arrange a formal name change. Fees are applicable if your parchment needs to be reprinted.
Step 4 - Check your confirmation email
Eligible graduands will receive a confirmation email no later than 7 days prior to the ceremony. Please ensure you read this carefully as it will contain important on the day information.
Step 5 - Academic Dress and Tickets
If you are hiring academic dress from the University, you can collect and return it on campus. Guest tickets are collected with Academic Dress.
Collection of academic dress items is from room N332AB in the North Wing, Sturt Precinct, Bedford Park Campus.
Academic Dress Opening Times (Sturt N332AB)
Saturday 16 December (COLLECTION)
9:00am – 4:00pm
Monday 18 December (COLLECTION)
8:00am – 7:00pm
Wednesday 20 December (RETURNS)
8:00am – 2:00pm
You may return your items immediately after your ceremony to the designated area next to the Check In Desk at the Adelaide Convention Centre. Alternatively you can return your hire items on the day following to the room N332AB in the North Wing, Sturt Precinct, Bedford Park Campus.
Academic Dress Opening Times (Adelaide Convention Centre)
Tuesday 19 December
*Collection from the Adelaide Convention Centre will only be allowed by prior arrangement with the Graduation Office.
Return of your academic dress can be done straight after your ceremony.
8:15am – 6:00pm
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned by 2pm on Wednesday 20 December.
If you are unable to collect or return academic dress yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Please visit the Graduation FAQs page for a range of information and answers to your graduation queries.