2017 Graduation Ceremonies
The next round of graduation ceremonies will be held in September 2017, at the Bedford Park Campus, Flinders University.
Please read the following information carefully.
Applications have not opened yet for September 2017 Graduations. Applications will open in July 2017.
Please contact the Graduation Office for further assistance.
Steps for graduands attending the September 2017 ceremonies:
To be eligible to graduate in September 2017, you must be deemed "complete" by your Faculty Office by no later than the end of August 2017. When you have been completed and passed, you will be able to view your award details in the Student Information System under the My Graduation tab.
If you have any queries regarding your completion, please contact your Faculty Office for further information.
Step 1 - Online Application
Applications to attend the September Graduation ceremonies will open in July 2017.
Step 2 - Payment
Academic dress can be hired from the University.
Payment for September Graduation hire is due by close of business Friday 8 September 2017.
- Full hire (all three items) $60.00 incl. GST
- Gown $35.00 incl. GST
- Hood $15.00 incl. GST
- Mortarboard/Bonnet $10.00 incl. GST
Each item can be hired separately if you wish to supply any of your own items, however please be aware that your Hood is determined by your degree and must be correct. For more information please see Academic Dress.
Credit card payments may be made online via Online Payments. Cheques and money orders are to be made payable to Flinders University and sent to the Graduation Office, GPO Box 2100 Adelaide SA 5001.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned. If you are unable to collect or return it yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Students must also pay all outstanding debts to the University; including debts to the library, as well as other fees. Your parchment and academic transcript will not be released to you until all outstanding debts have been finalised.
Step 3 - Log into your Student Information System
- Check your Graduation Status in the Student Information System. This will become active within 10 days after you apply to graduate. If your status shows as "Expected to Graduate", your eligibility to graduate is yet to be confirmed. A status of "Pass" indicates your degree is completed and you are approved for graduation. If your status indicates that you are “Expected to Graduate” but you believe it should read “Pass”, please contact your Faculty Office for advice.
- Check your email address that is listed, is one that you access regularly. This is the email address that will be used for all correspondence and confirmation.
- Check your formal name is listed correctly. This is the name that will be printed on your parchment. If your name is incorrect, please contact Flinders Connect as soon as possible to arrange a formal name change. Fees are applicable if your parchment needs to be reprinted.
Step 4 - Check your confirmation email
Eligible graduands will receive a confirmation email no later than 7 days prior to the ceremony. Please ensure you read this carefully as it will contain important on the day information.
Step 5 - Academic Dress and Tickets
If you are hiring academic dress from the University, you can collect and return it on campus. Guest tickets are collected with Academic Dress.
Please refer to your allocated date for collection. You must collect either the day prior to your ceremony or on the day of your ceremony. We strongly recommend due to the large number of graduands who attend, that you collect your academic dress the day prior to your ceremony to avoid lengthy delays.
Information regarding the location of where to collect your academic dress from, will be relased at a later date.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned by 7pm on the day of your ceremony
If you are unable to collect or return academic dress yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Please visit the Graduation FAQs page for a range of information and answers to your graduation queries.