2017 Graduation Ceremonies
The next round of graduation ceremonies will be held on Tuesday 19 December 2017, at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
Please read the following information carefully.
Applications to attend a December ceremony are now open.
You may access the application form by clicking the Apply Now button below or by accessing your Student Information System, under the My Graduation tab.
If you have any questions regarding your graduation, please contact the Graduation Office for further assistance.
To be eligible to graduate in December 2017, you must be deemed "complete" by your College Office by no later than the end of November 2017. When you have been completed and passed, you will be able to view your award details in the Student Information System under the My Graduation tab.
In addition to being completed by the dealines listed above, you must also be one of the following:
- Domestic student who has completed and passed their studies prior to and including Semester 1, 2017.
- International students inlcuding those who have completed and passed their studies in Semester 2, 2017
- Doctor of Medicine
- Research Higher Degrees
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Occupational Therapy
If you have any queries regarding your completion, please contact your College Office for further information.
Steps for graduands wishing to attend the December 2017 ceremonies:
Step 1 - Complete an Application to Attend a Ceremony
Applications to attend a December ceremony will close at 5pm on Monday 27 November 2017.
You may access the application form via the Apply Now button below or via the My Graduations tab in your Student Information System.
Step 2 - Payment
Academic dress can be hired from the University.
Payment for September Graduation hire is due by close of business Friday 8 December 2017.
- Full hire (all three items) $60.00 incl. GST
- Gown $35.00 incl. GST
- Hood $15.00 incl. GST
- Mortarboard/Bonnet $10.00 incl. GST
Each item can be hired separately if you wish to supply any of your own items, however please be aware that your Hood is determined by your degree and must be correct. For more information please see Academic Dress.
Credit card payments may be made online via Online Payments. Cheques and money orders are to be made payable to Flinders University and sent to the Graduation Office, GPO Box 2100 Adelaide SA 5001.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned. If you are unable to collect or return it yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Students must also pay all outstanding debts to the University; including debts to the library, as well as other fees. Your parchment and academic transcript will not be released to you until all outstanding debts have been finalised.
Step 3 - Log into your Student Information System
- Check your Graduation Status in the Student Information System. This will become active within 10 days after you apply to graduate. If your status shows as "Expected to Graduate", your eligibility to graduate is yet to be confirmed. A status of "Pass" indicates your degree is completed and you are approved for graduation. If your status indicates that you are “Expected to Graduate” but you believe it should read “Pass”, please contact your College Office for advice.
- Check your email address that is listed, is one that you access regularly. This is the email address that will be used for all correspondence and confirmation.
- Check your formal name is listed correctly. This is the name that will be printed on your parchment. If your name is incorrect, please contact Flinders Connect as soon as possible to arrange a formal name change. Fees are applicable if your parchment needs to be reprinted.
Step 4 - Check your confirmation email
Eligible graduands will receive a confirmation email no later than 7 days prior to the ceremony. Please ensure you read this carefully as it will contain important on the day information.
Step 5 - Academic Dress and Tickets
If you are hiring academic dress from the University, you can collect and return it on campus. Guest tickets are collected with Academic Dress.
Collection dates and times will be advised closer to the Graduation ceremony. Eligible graduands will receive this information via email, however please also check back to this page at a later date for further details.
Graduates will be invoiced the full replacement cost of academic dress if it is not returned by 7pm on the day of your ceremony
If you are unable to collect or return academic dress yourself, please send a friend or relative to do so on your behalf.
Please visit the Graduation FAQs page for a range of information and answers to your graduation queries.