Your parchment, also know as a certificate or testamur, is a legal document that is made available when your degree/award is conferred. In order to receive your parchment, regardless of whether or not you will be attending a graduation ceremony, you must apply to have your award conferred by submitting an application form.

Replacement Parchments

If the parchment you are issued with on graduation is lost, missing, destroyed, stolen or damaged, you may apply for a replacement using the Replacement Parchment Application Form (DOC 76KB) . If you have changed your name since graduation, you may apply to have your parchment re-issued under your current name, if desired. If the original parchment is still in possession, this must be surrendered to the Graduation Office with the application.

The application for a replacement parchment should be returned to the Graduation Office via mail to: The Graduation Office, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide 5001, or in person to level 2 of the Student Centre, Flinders University, Bedford Park.

To request a replacement parchment the University requires you to submit a statutory declaration stating that the degree has been lost, stolen or destroyed and that you require a replacement copy. The statutory declaration needs to be witnessed by a Justice of the Peace or other public notary. A statutory declaration and list of suitable witnesses can be found attached to the application form, and should be returned at the same time.

There is a $50 replacement fee.  We are happy to post your degree to you or it can be left in our office for collection. This can be paid by cash, EFTPOS, cheque, money order or credit card. Cash and EFTPOS payments must be made at the Cashier's Office on campus; cheques and money orders must be made out to Flinders University. Credit card payments can be made online via iPay.

Replacement parchments can usually be reprinted within 48 hours of our office receiving your statutory declaration and application form. For further information please contact the Graduation Office on +61 8 8201 3077 or email


Academic Transcripts

An official academic transcript is a detailed history of your academic record at university, and shows all topics studied and grades you have received.
The transcript also shows any credit that you have been granted for previous study and any prizes and awards that have been made.

Graduands receive one complimentary official academic transcript at graduation, or with their parchment if the award is conferred in absentia.

For additional copies, or for a copy prior to your conferral date, academic transcripts can be ordered through Enrolment Services:

Phone 1300 360 351 (local call cost) or (08) 8201 3950; 
Apply in person at Enrolment Services; or
Send an email to;

The cost is $10 for one copy, and $5 for additional copies placed in the same order. Further information.

What will my parchment look like?

The document is A3 in size and contains the official Flinders University crest and original stamp.  Parchment Sample (PDF 574KB)  

How will my name appear on my parchment?

The name on your parchment is your formal name as recorded in the Student Information System. This is usually your first name, middle name(s) then last name. We strongly recommend that you check this via the Student Information System under the 'My Details' menu.

Requests to change your name must be lodged with Enrolment Services at least 4 weeks prior to your ceremony and must be accompanied by the appropriate documentation. Changes made after this will incur a $50 fee for a replacement parchment.

inspiring achievement