Flinders University has formal policies covering the rights and responsibilities of students. These include:
- Assessment policies and procedures
- Policy on Academic Integrity
- Student Appeals and Complaints: Policies and Procedure
- Information Security Policy (PDF), and the Acceptable Use of Technology Procedures (PDF)
- Policy and Procedures for the management of personal relationships between staff and students.
If you need further information about these policies or require advice about lodging an appeal or complaint, contact a Student Advocacy Officer at the Flinders University Student Association (FUSA, 8201 2371). You can also seek advice on the University's student-related policies and procedures from the Manager, Student Policy and Projects.
Flinders is also committed to achieving equality of opportunity in education and employment and has policies to ensure students and staff are not subjected to harassment or discrimination on the grounds of sex, sexuality, race, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, political or religious beliefs. Refer to Health, Counselling and Disability Services for further information or to report any issues.