Flinders University is an Elite Athlete Friendly University and offers a range of flexible study arrangements to help recognised elite athletes balance the demands of sport and academic life.
Watch this video and see the range of benefits this program provides:
1. Find out if you are eligible for Elite Athlete Status
You will be granted Elite Athlete Status if you are recognised by one of the following sporting organisations:
- Australian Institute of Sport
- State Institutes or Academies of Sport
- AFL Players' Association
- Australian Cricketer's Association
- Rugby Union Players' Association
- Rugby League Professionals' Association
- Australian Professional Footballers' Association
- National senior squad members from an Australian Sports Commission funded sport - refer to the National Sporting Organisations recognised by the Australian Sports Commission (PDF 163KB)
In addition, you may be eligible for Elite Athlete Status if you:
- currently represent Australia in your given sport
- recently qualified for a major sporting event (eg: world championships)
- currently represent your state in a senior team
- have a high level of training, competition and travel demand
For more information on your eligibility see the Elite Athletes at Flinders University - Guidelines (PDF 197KB) or email: email@example.com.
2. Apply for Elite Athlete Status
Email the Elite Athletes at Flinders University - Application form (PDF 225KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the census date. Applications must be supported by two written references.
For further information about Elite Athlete Status and the types of assistance the University can provide see the
Elite Athletes at Flinders University - Guidelines (PDF 197KB) or email: email@example.com.