The Student Learning Centre (SLC) is a multi-disciplinary academic unit. Our objective is the enhancement of learning for all students across Flinders University.
The Centre forms part of a commitment by the University to provide an academic environment which allows all students the opportunity to become independent and effective learners, achieve their academic goals and develop the requisite skills for life-long learning.
University staff who would like to know more about how the SLC can help their students are welcome to come and visit us at Room B19, Registry Annexe or call us on 8201 2518. SLC staff can also work with staff from faculties to enhance our students' learning experience.
If you have any suggestions or ideas about the SLC website or any of our activities, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who uses the Centre?
- local students
- international students
- mature age students
- school leavers
- remote/off-shore students - refer to
- external students - refer to Assistance for external students
What do we offer?
- a Writing and Maths Centre (WAMC)
- extended consultations
- study skills, grammar and numeracy leaflets
- online learning materials
- academic skills programs
- guest lectures in credit courses
What can we help with?
- understanding and planning assignments
- structuring and writing assignments
- English language
- mathematical skills
- oral presentations
- research and referencing skills
- time management
- critical thinking
- general study concerns
What we do not offer
- course content tuition
- editing or proofreading
- private tuition