WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN HIRING A GRADUATE OF THE FLINDERS ARCHAEOLOGY PROGRAM
The Graduate Program in Archaeology at Flinders University has been designed to fill such gaps with a wide ranging and vocationally oriented postgraduate coursework degree. The graduate program focuses on several interrelated areas of applied archaeological expertise, including:
- Archaeological field practice, including advanced field methods, and specialist skills, such as archaeological geophysics and human osteology;
- Rock art recording and conservation;
- Indigenous archaeology; and
- Cultural heritage management.
The Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Archaeology all provide opportunities to improve skills in these areas, add additional skills, or expand knowledge through a selection of carefully chosen and closely interrelated electives.
If you have not studied archaeology before, this program will allow you to develop an understanding of the discipline and follow your interests in areas ranging across Indigenous archaeology, maritime archaeology, or historical archaeology.
**YES!!** You can study many components of a graduate degree as an external student. Many of our topics are offered as intensives or via distance/flexible learning or online for students who are not resident in Adelaide. Download the current course handbook to see details of topic availability.
The normal minimum entry requirement for all three post-graduate Archaeology courses is a three-year undergraduate degree from an approved tertiary institution, majoring in archaeology, anthropology or a related discipline (such as history, Ancient history or Classics). However, applicants with other qualifications may be accepted under certain circumstances, at the discretion of the Course Coordinator. Please contact Dr Heather Burke for advice if you are unsure whether you meet the requirements.
Professionals who have been working in the industry may be able to claim some credit for Recognised Prior Learning—download these guidlines to find out more: (DOCX 29KB)
- Please click here to access further information on the Flinders University website about the Graduate Program in Archaeology.
- To find out about topics and their availability, click here.
- Domestic students: Enrolment must be completed online through SATAC.
- International students: The application form for the Graduate Program in Archaeology can be found here.