Parallel sessions and panel discussions will be scheduled over 2 days (19 & 20 June 2019) and papers will be grouped according to the area of research.
15 minute papers will be followed by a joint discussion time at the end of each session. Speaker briefing notes (DOCX 17KB)
5 MINUTE PITCH
Total presentation time will be strictly 5 minutes. 6 x 5 minute pitches will be held on 19 June 2019. the winner will be announed on 20 June 2019.
POSTER PRESENTATIONS AND PROGRAM PROMOTIONS
Posters will be displayed for the duration of the conference and are to be no larger than 1m x 1m. We are also encouraging institutions and service providers to inform us, if they require a SPACE within the conference venue to promote their activities and programs, please see Exhibition opportunities for further information.
This option is available for participants who are unable to attend the conference in-person but wish to send their paper and have it available at the conference. The same criterion applies for attending participants.
Oral presentation helpful tips -
The time allocated for a presentation is 20 minutes, with a further 5 minutes allowed for discussion. Think in terms of the following slides:
- A title slide – Name, Title and what the paper is about
- One slide with the hypothesis you want to investigate
- 2 or 3 slides covering your current research plan
- You should not require any more than an absolute maximum of 10 slides – this would mean talking to each slide for only two minutes.
- It is generally distracting to the audience to have too many slides in a short presentation
- Do not put too much text on a slide – you want the audience to listen to you and not to be reading your slides!