Requirements for Placement
Placements will not commence unless you have shown evidence of the following:
A DCSI clearance letter for Child Related Employment Screening (CRES)
a) Promoting Safety & Wellbeing: Induction for tertiary students working with children and young people in education and care sites
b) Responding to Abuse & Neglect - Education and Care (RAN-EC)
Please note that Master of Teaching students are required to obtain a certificate in (b) above.
3. LANTITE (Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education) Information
In the future we will be requiring students to complete LANTITE prior to placement,
this will be however brought in according to cohort over the next year.
To book into a course using the following link (https://teacheredtest.acer.edu.au/)
- Students will be required to upload the certificate and add date of issue to InPlace
- Students who are graduating in 2018 – are exempt for needing to do the LANTITE test before graduating
- Lantite tests will cost around $180
4. Medical Practitioner Statement (Early Childhood only)
5. DEED POLL
6. Obtain a Name Badge:
All pre-service teachers from the College of Education, Psychology and Social Work are required to wear a name badge during their Professional Experience.
Pre-Service Teacher badges are issued by Unicard: go to the Unicard office, Level 1 Central Library (main campus, one level up from Flinders Connect) with the following:
- Student ID card (Pre-service teacher badges are not issued without this ID)
- $4.40 for the cost of the badge. Unicard is cashless, there is a machine next to the office where you add credit onto your student ID card, the machine does not give change.
7. Early Childhood Only - Obtain Necessary Permissions
Some sites will require you to get permission from a parent or caregiver if you are to observe children closely, or take any photos or video of them. We have prepared a standard letter for you, on Flinders University Letterhead, to allow you to seek permission formally from families about observing their children. Remember that you are still obliged professionally and ethically to treat all your observations as confidentially as possible. We particularly draw your attention to the requirement that none of this material identifying children is ever posted on social media.
For all professional experience enquiries, please refer to the Staff Contacts page and contact your WIL Support Officer via email.
Professional Experience Unit