Requirements for Placement


Placements will not commence unless you have shown evidence of the following:


1. Child Related Employment Screening (DCSI Clearance):

A DCSI clearance letter for Child Related Employment Screening (CRES)


2. Current training certificate:

a) Promoting Safety & Wellbeing: Induction for tertiary students working with children and young people in education and care sites (Bachelor of Education students only)

OR if your PSW has expired then you must obtain a RAN-EC

b) Responding to Abuse & Neglect - Education and Care (RAN-EC)


 3. LANTITE (Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education) Information

        To book into a course using the following link

  • Students will be required to upload the certificate and add date of issue to InPlace
  • Lantite tests will cost around $180
  • Please view this document for more information regarding support available for completing the test: LANTITE Support (PDF 567KB)

4. Immunisation Compliance Certificate (Early Childhood only) - formally Medical Practitioner Statement

Immunisation Compliance Certificate (PDF 294KB)


5. Obtain a Name Badge:

All pre-service teachers from the College of Education, Psychology and Social Work are required to wear a name badge during their Professional Experience.

Pre-Service Teacher badges are issued by Unicard: go to the Unicard office, Level 1 Central Library (main campus, one level up from Flinders Connect) with the following:

  •  Student ID card (Pre-service teacher badges are not issued without this ID)
  • $4.40 for the cost of the badge. Unicard is cashless, there is a machine next to the office where you add credit onto your student ID card, the machine does not give change.

6. Emergency Medical Contact Form

You will be required to take this form to your site for each Professional Experience placement you have throughout your degree

Emergency Medical Contact Form (DOCX 26KB)

7. Early Childhood Only - Obtain Necessary Permissions

Some sites will require you to get permission from a parent or caregiver if you are to observe children closely, or take any photos or video of them. We have prepared a standard letter for you, on Flinders University Letterhead, to allow you to seek permission formally from families about observing their children. Remember that you are still obliged professionally and ethically to treat all your observations as confidentially as possible. We particularly draw your attention to the requirement that none of this material identifying children is ever posted on social media.

ECE Permission Letter

For all professional experience enquiries, please refer to the Staff Contacts page and contact your WIL Support Officer via email.

Thank you

Professional Experience Unit