The normal maximum level of funding for a Large Research Project grant is $10,000.00; applications may be for up to $15,000.00 only where a very strong case can be argued by reference to empirical research or field work. Please read the EHL Research Project Funding Rules 2017 (PDF 147KB) before submitting an application.
* Please note that all staff international travel, including the associated Travel Diary, must be submitted online through FlindersPro; for more information please see the Faculty's EHL Travel webpage. *
- Pilot projects, identified as the first stage in developing a project for a proposal for substantial external funding support;
- Genuinely low-budget projects that fall below the threshold for the relevant external funding scheme, and propose substantial outcomes (applicants must demonstrate that they have made genuine efforts to identify alternative sources of funding);
- Fieldwork and data collection;
- Research Assistance; and
- Time release (to a maximum of $5000).
Applications for Large Research Project grants should be planned in collaboration and consultation with the Associate Dean (Research) of the appropriate School, or with a senior member of staff who is acting as the applicant’s mentor.
There is a single annual funding round for Large Research Project grants: applications are due towards the end of one year in respect of funding to be allocated in the following year(s). Due to the transition to a new academic and professional support structure that will take place on Monday, 1 July 2017, applications for funding support of this kind in 2018 will need to be administered by the new Colleges; more information will be provided by the Colleges as it becomes available.
The application for a Large Research Project grant consists of the following documents:
- Researcher Information form (DOCX 51KB)
- Research Project grant application form (DOCX 69KB)
- Report on Previous Funding form (DOCX 55KB)
Payment of allocation:
If your application is successful, you will be given an account number through which to access the funds. Transactions are to be processed by EHL Accounts: receipts for reimbursement and enquiries regarding the logistics of accessing your funding should be directed to the EHL Accounts team (Rm. 2.20 Education Building; ext. 15155; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Final Reports will be required on all projects funded by the Faculty at the end of the funding period. Please use the Research Project Grant report form (DOCX 54KB) to submit your report.
Carry-Forward of Funds:
Large Research Project Grant funds may be carried forward into the following year where a strong case is presented. If you wish to apply to have your funding carried forward, please use the carry-forward of 2017 funds form (DOCX 16KB) and the Research Project Grant report form (DOCX 54KB) to do so. Carry-forward applications must be received by close of business on the last working day of October each year. For 2016, this date is Monday, 31 October. Please submit them to the Faculty Research Coordinator, c/- the EHL Faculty Office.
Please direct queries regarding Large Research Project Grants to the EHL Research Coordinator.