Student WellBeing and Prevention
of Violence Research Centre (SWAPv)
Inaugural Conference 2016
Enhancing child and adolescent well-being and preventing violence in school and early childhood settings
The SWAPv inaugural conference, in partnership with Flinders Educational Futures Research Institute, Office of Indigenous Strategy & Engagement, The Wellbeing and Resilience Centre (SAHMRI), headspace, Relationships Australia (SA), is bringing together national and international researchers in the field of promoting student wellbeing, positive mental health, preventing violence and aggression, bullying and cyberbullying, and other related fields. Important foci include Indigenous conceptions and understandings of wellbeing and violence prevention and a focus on youth voice involving members of headspace.
Opening Address by President Coleiro Preca of Malta- The President's Foundation for the Wellbeing of Society. (http://www.pfws.org.mt/)
Performance: ‘Bound and Unbound’ by members of the Office of Indigenous Strategy and Engagement, Flinders University.
- Professor Carmel Cefai
- Director, Centre for Resilience and Socio-Emotional Health, University of Malta
- Professor Catherine Blaya
- President of the International Observatory of Violence in Schools, The University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France.
- Mr Agio Pereira
- Honorable Minister of State and of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, Timor-Leste.
- Mr David Kelly
- SAHMRI Wellbeing & Resilience Centre, Adelaide.
- Ms Vikki Ryall
- Head of Clinical Practice, headspace National Office.
- Dr Jamie Lee
- Principal Researcher, Relationships Australia, South Australia.
- Dr John Halsey
- Professor of Rural Education and Communities, School of Education, Flinders University.
The program comprises more than 50 papers, posters, round table discussions, workshops and symposia. The conference links research with translation, dissemination and implementation. The program has taken up three main themes including, research and early career, policy and practice and schools and education.
Conference Dinner A conference dinner will be held on Wednesday 13 July at Alere Restaurant at Flinders University, Bedford Park campus from 6-9.30pm. Cost is $65.00.
Public Lecture A free public panel discussion, The Politics of Wellbeing, will be held on Thursday 14 July from 7.00-8.30pm at SAHMRI Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide.
For registration and conference dinner payments, please go to the Registration page. REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 1 JULY 2016.
For conference enquiries, contact Marja van Breda: E l firstname.lastname@example.org; T l 61 8 8201 7529.