- Adelaide's festival season is underway and lots of amazing Festival and Fringe shows to go to. State Theatre launched with Anton Chekhov’s The Seagull. An absolute tour de force for our Drama colleague, Rosalba Clemente who stole the show. Opening night was the last night for Tourism graduate, Antonia Bellifemini, who leaves State Theatre for a position at the Mary Potter Foundation. Congratulations, Ant! Filling Ant’s role as the State’s Development Coordinator is yet another Tourism Graduate, Bernadette Woods. Well done, Bernadette!
- Stop Press! Graduation Day has now been confirmed as Monday 14th April. Lock it into your diaries and lock in the Graduation Dinner that night! Our keynote speaker will be Hugh Chevrant-Brenton, Manger, South Australia for Singapore Airlines
- February and March are festival surveying months with the Cultural Value Research Project team working at both the Perth and Adelaide Festivals and the Event Safety Research team at both Soundwave and Womadelaide. Always looking for student and graduate volunteers to assist so if you have the time please contact Steve on email@example.com
- The Tourism team welcome back all of our returning students and also look forward to meeting all our new students starting their brand new adventure with us in 2014!
- The Tourism network gets wider and wider with four of ‘ours’ working at the Australia Day Council this year. Pretty good bunch, we reckon!
From left we have Steph Murgatroyd (current student), Tom Marschall (graduate), Emma Chidlow (graduate) and Dylan Beach (current student)
- Tourism events lecturer, Assoc. Prof. Steve Brown spent a hot day at Big Day Out this month trialling some new equipment researching audience behaviour with his colleague Assoc. Prof. Alison Hutton using a new data tower and a range of environmental sensors develop in collaboration with design engineer, Greg Stevens from WiFindUs Pty. Ltd. The data tower send information via Wi-Fi to a central computer for real time analysis of factors that influence audience behaviour and this is supported by participant observation. Steve and Alison captured the data inside the main audience but Greg only braved the mosh pit to get temperature and humidity readings right amongst it! Another trial will be held ta Soundwave next month. All three reported that Primus and Pearl jam got the crowd the hottest.
See Previous News