Intending international applicants should note that:
- appointments to general staff positions and academic positions at Level A will normally be filled only by candidates holding Australian citizenship or permanent residency status
- if offered employment, you will be required to notify the university of any Australian Immigration Department restrictions that may preclude you from fulfilling the terms of any contract offered by the university
- where a staff member is required from overseas and is sponsored by the university for a temporary residence visa, it is a condition of employment that she/he take out private health cover for the duration of the appointment. The cost of this insurance is to be met by the staff member.
For further information in relation to Australian visas or employer-sponsored migration, contact the:
- Australian Consulate General in your area, or
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship.