The Student System is where you will:
- Update your personal details
- Submit HELP forms (domestic students)
- Enrol and register in classes
- Apply for scholarships
- View and pay your fees
- See your results
You can access the Student System using your Student ID number and password. Your Student ID number is a seven-digit code that looks like 2194567. If you are a new student and do not know your student ID number you can obtain it by activating your Flinders account and Flinders Authentication Name (FAN).
Log in to the Student System once you have your Flinders Student ID number and password.
Your Student ID and FAN are unique to you and are used to access different online services. Your FAN and password give you access to applications like email, the Flinders dashboard and Flinders WiFi. You can also access the Student System by clicking on the icon from your Flinders dashboard.
Under 18? The Australian Government requires parental or guardian consent before you can access non-Flinders websites from within the University. The Consent Form can be found in the Form Library.
Before you enrol you must update and confirm your personal details. You will not be able to enrol in topics until these details have been checked and updated. Use the left-hand menu to:
- Check your name, date of birth and gender details are correct. If these details are not correct, then you must provide documentation to Flinders Connect to have your details updated.
- Check your address, phone, email and emergency contact details - use the 'Change...' or 'Add a new type of...' buttons as necessary. You will need to add your home and semester address, which must be your current street address and not a P.O. Box.
- Check your citizenship and residency details - update your country of birth and, if necessary, year of entry into Australia details. Save and return to the overview page. Confirm the displayed details. If your citizenship has changed, then you must provide documentation to Flinders Connect to have your details updated.
- Update your cultural details - click on 'Change my Cultural details' to enter the main language you speak at home and to identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Save the changes and return to the overview page. Confirm the displayed details.
- Update the disability details - either confirm or change the displayed details. If you make changes you will need to return to the overview page to confirm the details.
- Update your parent or guardian education details - click on the relevant 'Change my...' button to update the education and gender details of your parent(s) or guardian(s). Return to the overview page and confirm the displayed details.
Ensure that your details are correct and kept up to date at all times.
Which form do I submit?
There are three Commonwealth Assistance Forms (CAFs):
• Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP
• Request for FEE-HELP assistance
• Request for SA-HELP assistance
All students offered a Commonwealth supported place must complete a Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form prior to enrolling in a new course for the first time. This includes permanent residents and New Zealand citizens who are required to pay student contribution amounts upfront. Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders may also apply for HECS-HELP assistance on this form for all or part of their student contribution amounts but must supply a tax file number.
Note: Whilst eligible for Commonwealth support, permanent residents and New Zealand citizens are not eligible to defer their student contribution amounts to HECS-HELP and must pay their fees upfront.
Fee-paying students (Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders only) may apply for FEE-HELP assistance for all or part of their tuition fees. To apply, complete a Request for FEE-HELP Assistance form before, or soon after, enrolment, and no later than the census date.
SA-HELP is a loan scheme that assists Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders to pay their student services and amenities fee. Eligible students can choose to defer all or part of their fee for the relevant year. If you wish to defer your student services and amenities fees you must submit a Request for SA-HELP assistance form in addition to any HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP forms you may have already lodged.
International students are not eligible for Commonwealth assistance and do not need to complete a CAF.
To complete your Commonwealth Assistance Form(s), view the following video and follow the steps below.
1. Log in
To complete the on-line CAF, connect to the Student System using your Flinders Student ID number and your password. Select the 'My Commonwealth Assistance' tab.2. Select your course
Choose the course and click on the 'Add new form' button. The recommended form(s) will be selected for you.
Commonwealth supported students, including all Flinders University domestic undergraduate students, will be presented with a Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP form. You can also get straight in to this form from the link in My Enrolment if you have not yet entered a valid Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP form.
If you enrol in a combined degree program you must lodge a separate Request for Commonwealth assistance form (CAF) for each course. Links to more information on HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP or SA-HELP can be found on the side menu.3. Complete your CAF(s)
Many of your details will be included on the form. Be sure to amend these details if necessary and fill in the other required fields on the form.
If you are completing a Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form and are eligible for a HECS-HELP loan, read and agree to all the statements in this section and provide your tax file number (TFN).
Your Tax File Number (TFN) is required to defer fees and must be entered in each relevant CAF. The tax file number field may be left blank in the Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form. However, if you are eligible and wish to defer fees to HECS-HELP, you must provide your TFN to Flinders Connect by the census date.
Note: If you do not supply a TFN by the census date, and you have unpaid student contribution amounts, your enrolment will be cancelled.
Students based at the main Bedford Park campus, should select 'Bedford Park' from the Campus drop down menu.
Once you have completed the form:
Click on the 'Submit' button. You will receive confirmation that your form has been approved. You can now enrol. If the status of your CAF is ‘Invalid', check the details in 'My Commonwealth Assistance'. If you need further assistance, call Flinders Connect on 1300 354 633 for advice.
CAF approval is immediate for most students but may take up to one working day to process for some. Commonwealth supported students will not be able to enrol until approval is received.
Make sure you pay your student services and amenities fees or apply for a SA-HELP loan by the due date. The SA-HELP form must be completed in addition to any FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP form you have already submitted.
Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders can apply for SA-HELP to defer their student services and amenities fees via 'My Commonwealth Assistance'. See student services and amenities fee for more information.
Note: Permanent residents and New Zealand citizens are not eligible to defer fees, and must pay their student contribution amounts, tuition fees and student services and amenities fees upfront by the payment due dates.