If you are new to University, there is a lot of information that you need to know. Flinders has a great orientation and transition program especially designed for all your needs. Check out what is available during Orientation Week to help you find your way around, know what you have to do and where to go for help.
Attending University can be a fantastic experience. It is a great place to meet people and make life-long friends. Check out the activities and events coordinated by the Flinders University Student Association (FUSA) to make the most of your O'Week.
The International Student Services (ISS), offers orientation and other helpful introductory sessions for international students. See the ISS Orientation page for a range of resources and information about orientation sessions available for international students.
The transition from school, work or home life can be challenging. Flinders provides advice and support to students to help them through this process. Visit the Transition Office website to find out what is available to you or for advice on common problems and concerns. Contact the Transition Office, if you would like to talk to a staff member or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flinders University Student Association (FUSA) is the peak, independent body representing the views and interests of students enrolled at Flinders. The aim is to promote and advance the rights, interests and welfare of students.
An elected Student Council oversee the services provided by FUSA which include:
- Student Events & Activities
- Clubs & Societies
- Student Collectives
- Academic Advocacy & Support
- Financial Assistance & Grants
- The Annual Student Diary
- The Student Magazine – Empire Times
- Job Listing
- Tax Help
Membership is free and by signing up you will receive regular updates on what’s on offer for you and how you can get involved in student life.
Make sure you know when classes commence. Some classes are held in alternating weeks or may not start until later in the semester. Print your timetable from the 'My Timetable' section of the Student Information System.
Request your student ID Card
Your student ID card is required to borrow books from the Library, store credits required for photocopying and printing, attend examinations, obtain an academic transcript, obtain student concessions from transport and businesses (including those on campus), access Flinders University buildings and for attendance at student organised functions.
You must be enrolled in order to obtain a card, which will show your full or part-time status for the year. Please visit the Student ID card page for information on how to request your student ID card.
If you already have a Flinders University ID card, then you can obtain an updated enrolment sticker from Flinders Connect (Level 0, Central Library) or the Enrolment Support Centre, located adjacent to Flinders Connect, when open during enrolment. After the last day to enrol, stickers are only available from Flinders Connect.
- Keep your contact details up-to-date Keep your personal details on the Student Information System up-to-date at all times, in particular your address, telephone number and emergency contacts.
- Read your University email regularly Your University email is used for enrolment and study-related communication so make sure you check it regularly.
- Student Related Policies and Procedures All students are expected to familiarise themselves with the policies and procedures relating to study at Flinders University. Matters such as student conduct, assessment, academic integrity, computer facility rules, and prizes and awards are detailed there.
- Equal Opportunity Policies and Procedures Flinders University values and respects the social, cultural and linguistic diversity of its community and encourages inclusive practices in order to provide an environment that is creative, innovative, flexible and productive. If you are feeling harassed or discriminated against, make contact with an Equal Opportunity Contact Officer or call the Student Equal Opportunity Advisor on (08) 8201 2118.