Fee paying places are available in a number of postgraduate coursework courses and are offered to Australian and New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and permanent humanitarian visa holders.


Offers for fee paying places will be made via SATAC or a University Faculty office.

For more information on the application process for courses at Flinders University, please see the How to apply page. 

How much will I pay as a fee paying student?

Each year the University determines a range of fees for particular subject areas grouped by topic codes.  The subject areas determine how much you will be charged for each of the topics you study.  Tuition fees in 2014 can be found on the Fee-paying student tuition fees page.

What will I pay for each topic?

At Flinders University, a full-time student is expected to complete 36 units of study each year.  This typically equates to enrolling in 4 topics per semester (8 topics per year), as most topics are worth 4.5 units each.

To calculate the cost of each topic, multiply the fee per unit for the relevant topic code by the number of units for the topic.  See the Postgraduate Coursework Tuition Fee calculator for more information.

Am I eligible to defer fees?

Australian citizens and permanent humanitarian visa holders are eligible to defer fees via the FEE-HELP scheme, which operates in a similar way to HECS-HELP. FEE-HELP may be used to defer part or all of the fee paying tuition fees each semester by completing a Request for FEE-HELP assistance form during enrolment before the census date.

New Zealand citizens and permanent residents are not eligible to defer fees, and must pay tuition fees upfront each semester.

The details your responsibilities as a student if you choose to accept a FEE-HELP loan (subject to eligibility). Hard copies of the booklet are also available from Student Finance Services in the Student Centre on request.

See the FEE-HELP page for more information.

Does the student services and amenities fee apply to me?

As a general principle it is expected that all students will pay this fee irrespective of course or course level.  However some exceptions may apply, please refer to student services and amenities for additional details.

Other questions about fees

Contact Student Finance Services for further advice.

You can also 'Request Support' via the Ask Trim website by logging your enquiry or seeking information on the following topics:

  • Are there payment options?
  • What happens if I don’t pay by the due date?
  • Are there discounts available?
  • How do I know if I’m eligible for a FEE-HELP loan?
  • How do I know how much I owe the Australian Taxation Office?
  • Is interest charged on my FEE-HELP loan?
  • Can I make voluntary repayments to the ATO?