Fee-paying places are available in a number of postgraduate coursework courses and are offered to Australian and New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and permanent humanitarian visa holders.



Offers for fee-paying places will be made via GradStart or a University Faculty office.

The FEE-HELP Information Booklet 2014 (PDF 545KB) details your responsibilities as a student if you choose to accept a FEE-HELP loan (subject to eligibility). Hard copies of the booklet are also available from Student Finance Services in the Student Centre on request.

See the FEE-HELP page for more information.


What will study cost me?

Each year the University determines a range of fees for particular subject areas grouped by topic codes.  The subject areas determine how the topics you study will be charged.  Tuition fees for students commencing in 2014 can be found on the Fee-paying student tuition fees page.


What will I pay for each topic?

At Flinders, a full-time student is expected to complete 36 units of study each year.  36 units is also called an EFTSL, or ‘equivalent full-time student load’.  Each topic you study has a particular unit value, normally 4.5 units. 

To calculate the cost of each topic, multiply the fee per unit for the relevant topic code by the number of units for the topic.  See the Postgraduate Coursework Tuition Fee calculator for more information.


Does the student services and amenities fee apply to me?

As a general principle it is expected that all students will pay this fee irrespective of course or course level.  However some exceptions may apply, please refer to student services and amenities for additional details.


Other questions about fees

Contact Student Finance Services for further advice.

You can also 'Request Support' via the Ask Trim website by logging your enquiry or seeking information on the following topics:

  • Are there payment options?
  • What happens if I don’t pay by the due date?
  • Are there discounts available?
  • How do I know if I’m eligible for a FEE-HELP loan?
  • How do I know how much I owe the Australian Taxation Office?
  • Is interest charged on my FEE-HELP loan?
  • Can I make voluntary repayments to the ATO?