The Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) has been introduced to assist in the national and international recognition of Australian qualifications, and to promote international mobility and professional recognition of graduates.

The AHEGS provides a description of the nature, level, context and status of the studies that were pursued by the graduate named on the statement.  The layout of the Flinders University AHEGS conforms to the nationally agreed specifications approved by the Department of Education and will be presented to graduating students in addition to a parchment and academic transcript.

What information appears on my AHEGS?

The AHEGS includes information about the University, your award and academic achievements, as well as a description of the Australian Higher Education system.

When will I receive my AHEGS?

The AHEGS is issued when you have your award conferred.

Can I get an AHEGS if I graduated prior to December 2011?

The AHEGS is only available to students graduating on or after December 2011.  Retrospective AHEGS will not be issued to students who graduated prior to December 2011.

What is the difference between your AHEGS and an Academic Transcript?

An academic transcript is a detailed history of your academic record at the University and shows all topics studied and the grades you have received.  A transcript is an evolving document that can be issued at any stage of your academic career.  An AHEGS is a snapshot document containing specific information pertaining to an individual award and is only available upon graduation from that award.  Subsequent AHEGS will contain the same information as the original.

Will my fail grades appear on my AHEGS?

Yes, all results recorded against the specified award will be present on the  AHEGS.  This includes any fail grades and topics withdrawn after the census date.

I'm graduating from a combined degree program; will I receive two AHEGS?

Yes, graduates will receive an AHEGS for each award they receive.  This means that graduates of a combined degree program leading to two eligible awards will receive two AHEGS.

What do I do if there is an error on my AHEGS?

Every effort is made to ensure that your AHEGS is true and correct.  However, if you find that there is an error on the statement, such as a misprint or missing information, please contact Flinders Connect for advice.  You will be required to return your original AHEGS before receiving a replacement.

Can I obtain additional copies of my AHEGS?

Additional copies of your AHEGS may be purchased by phoning Flinders Connect on 1300 354 633.  Follow the advice in Ask Flinders for more details.  Additional AHEGS will not be available to order until after your graduation ceremony.