A transcript is a detailed history of your academic record at the University and shows all topics studied and the grades you have received.
The transcript also shows any credit that you have been granted for previous study and any prizes and awards that have been made.
Click on the expandable questions below for further information about the transcript of academic record.
You will be provided with one free copy of your academic transcript at your graduation ceremony. If you do not attend you can make arrangements for the transcript to be sent to you after the ceremony, along with your parchment. Follow the steps below to purchase an additional copy (or copies) of your transcript. Please note that copies obtained prior to your graduation will not include graduation details.
How do I order an additional copy (or copies) of my official transcript?
Additional copies of your official transcript can be purchased on the Flinders Online Payments system, and will be posted out to the address specified by you in your online order. Transcripts costs $20.00* each, with an additional $5.00 charge for postage ($35.00 for international postage). Please note the following steps when completing an order for your transcript(s):
- Enter your Last Name and Student ID in the online Transcript order form, which will populate your First Name and Sanctioned fields
- If you currently have a sanction applied to your student account, such as an overdue fee sanction, you will not be able to complete your transcript request until the sanction has been resolved
- If you have selected the Delivery Method of 'Post', then you must include a current address for the transcript to be posted to
- Click on the 'Add To Cart' button when you have completed the online Transcript order form and go to the checkout to make your payment
- Check your receipt, which will be emailed to your nominated email address
- Click on the ‘Information/Need Help?’ tab of the Flinders Online Payment screen if you require assistance in using Flinders Online Payments.
*Transcript charges are subject to change without notice.
Transcripts will usually take two working days - to prepare and verify - before they are dispatched. The University can provide a 'same day' service for transcripts.
For a 'same day' service please visit Flinders Connect on Level 0 of the Central Library building, noting the following:
- An additional charge of $20.00 will apply to your transcript order
- You will need to provide photo ID (Student ID card or Driver's Licence)
- If you need a third party to collect your ‘same day’ transcript, you will need to discuss arrangements with Flinders Connect staff. The person collecting the transcript (on your behalf) will need to provide photo ID so we can confirm their identity.
- Please note, if you studied prior to 2001 and/or your records have been archived it may not be possible to meet delivery deadlines. Staff will advise you if this is the case and you will not be charged the additional service fee.
If you are currently enrolled in topics you may download a copy of your unofficial transcript from the Student System. Log in to the Student System and click on the 'My Exams and Results' tab. Click on the 'Get my unofficial transcript by email' button at the bottom of the page. Your unofficial transcript will be emailed to your University email address.
Transcripts cost $20.00* each. Postage of your transcript costs an additional $5.00 ($35.00 for international postage).
*Transcript charges are subject to change without notice.
A 'Same day' service is available if you require fast access to your transcript in person. There is an additional charge of $20.00 for this service upon collection of your transcript(s) and conditions apply; e.g. if you studied prior to 2001 and/or your records are archived it may not be possible to meet delivery deadlines. Staff will advise you if this is the case and you will not be charged the additional service fee.
You will receive a free copy of your official transcript at your graduation ceremony, or mailed with your parchment if you do not attend a ceremony.
If you require a copy prior to graduation please take note of the following:
- Students requiring their official transcript for confirmation of completion purposes, such as employment or professional registration MUST ensure the statement: “Completed the requirements for (degree) on (date)” appears at the bottom of the transcript before ordering.
- Transcript and postage charges will not be refunded by the University if a student orders their transcript without checking that the completion statement is included. Students in these circumstances will need to re-order and pay the relevant charges.
The University uses transcript paper that has a number of security features to protect both you and the University from document falsification and fraud. Features include:
- Microprint (font size 1 only visible under magnification);
- UV Security Ink (only visible via UV black light);
- Bespoke hologram;
- Audit number on reverse.
Flinders University does not provide official transcripts electronically, for security and confidentiality reasons. Official transcripts must be collected in person or posted to you as hard copies as per the information above.
If you are currently enrolled in topics you may download a copy of your unofficial transcript from the Student Information System. Log in to the Student System and click on the 'My Exams and Results' tab. Click on the 'Get my unofficial transcript by email' button at the bottom of the page. Your unofficial transcript will be emailed to your University email address.
You will not be issued with an official or unofficial transcript while you have an outstanding debt. Outstanding debts include overdue:
- student contributions, where a HECS-HELP loan is not applicable
- domestic tuition fees, where a FEE-HELP loan is not applicable
- student services and amenities fees, where a SA-HELP loan is not applicable
- international tuition fees
- instalment plan payments, where applicable
- student loan repayments
- Flinders living fees and charges
- library charges and fees.
Refer to the Students with Outstanding Debts Policy.