Terms of Reference
- To monitor and review the implementation of the University's Disability Action Plan.
- To develop and review policy regarding students and staff with disabilities.
- To provide advice and recommendations to the Equal Opportunity and Diversity Committee and cost centres regarding: the implementation of the Disability Action Plan; and the provision of resources to students and staff with disabilities.
- To report to Academic Senate through the Equal Opportunity and Diversity Committee on matters related to disability policy and the Disability Action Plan.
- To make recommendations to the Director, Buildings and Property Division on the expenditure of the annual Buildings and Property disability budget.
- Chairperson (appointed from within committee)
- Directors of Academic and Student Services Division, Buildings and Property Division, Information Technology Services and Human Resources Division or their nominees
- Manager, Equal Opportunity and Diversity or nominee
- Disability Adviser (Executive Officer)
- A staff member with a disability (appointed following a call for expression of interest)
- Four students with a disability nominated by Disability Adviser
- University Librarian or nominee
- All Faculty Disability Academic Advisers
- Option of co-opting a member who is a specialist in the field of disability
Students and staff with disabilities may attend and have speaking rights.
Chairperson - appointed by calendar year, and may be reappointed for a further term.
Committee to meet 4 times per year.