Objective 5: The physical environment in all locations where the University has a presence is inclusive of people with disabilites
- Student and staff satisfaction survey reults indicate improved satisfaction of students and staff with disabilites with regards to the accessibility of the built environment.
- Inclusive design informs the development and refurbishment of physical facilities.
- Access audits are undertaken and identified issues adressed within the life of the DAP.
- Identifiable improvements in campus navigation for people with disabilites.
- Enhanced provisionof accessible inter and intra campus travel facilites for people with restriced mobility.
|Strategies||Responsibility delegated to||Targets||Timeframe|
|Incorportate universal access improvements into the capital planning process||Director, Buildings and Property||
Nominate officer to take responsibility for disability access
Undertake periodic audits of the University's built environs and leased premises including residential spaces
Ensure universal access is an integral part of infrastructure planning
|Provide a mechanism for the reporting of universal access barriers identified by staff or students||Director, Buildings and Property||Provide information and a mechanism, via the web, for staff and students who wish to report access barriers to Buildings and Property||December 2013|
|provide accessible transport for people with physical disabilities||Director, Buildings and property||Provide access cabs for staff and students with a physical disability on campus||Ongoing|
|Ensure appropriate evacuation procedures are in place for staff and students with disabilites and effectively displayed and promulgaged||
Director, Buildings and Property
|All spaces have Evacuation Procedures displayed at appropriate heights||December 2015|